A foundation supports everything we do in life and it’s our job to make sure it is solid. Our foundations should be able to support anything that comes our way. The same should apply to our everyday attire. Bras and shapewear are base items that will help make or break a bomb outfit.
The Importance of a Good Bra
We have all been in denial about our breast size. I, a former member of the itty-bitty-titty committee, ran to sports bras to hide my, then, recent overflow of boobs. Looking back at old pictures, I should’ve just invested in a good bra. What is a good bra? A good bra lifts, supports, covers all necessary areas, and is comfortable. Good bras build confidence and result in better fitting clothes. I have put together a list of important bra habits that will keep the girls happy.
- GET FITTEDGo to your local department store and request a free bra fitting.
- After fitting, try on different bra types to perfect your new size.
- Repeat Steps 1&2 EVERY SIX MONTHS.
- I would suggest investing in a new bra even if your bra size remains the same. The elasticity will change due to everyday wear and will not lift the same after six months.
If your breasts are fuller, don’t worry! LANE BRYANT NOW CARRIES BANDS 32-50 & CUPS A-K WITH MATCHING PANTIES SIZES 0-28! Grab your bestie and go get sexier together!
Go from Six to 3 Months in a Flash
“Just go to the gym!” I would be surprised if you’ve never heard that tired phrase before. Honestly, it’s easier said than done. In the meantime, invest in shapewear. Shapewear shapes your thighs and flattens your tummy, giving that dress, jeans, or shirt a smooth fit. Shapewear comes in different types, levels of firmness and various price points. You might sacrifice comfort in the beginning, but I promise it gets easier. It may take some trial and error to find what works best for you, but I have a list of my personal favorites to help with your research.
- Shape By Cacique Open-Bust Thigh Shaper – $69.50
- Spanx Higher Power – $36
- Cupid Extra Firm High-Waist Brief – $12.94
If you haven’t made it to the gym before your shapewear loosens, reinvest :).
Do you have any other tips? Brand favorites? Comment below and don’t forget to subscribe!