“…I want to make sure I’m right, before I let go.”
We all have that one trend we can’t let go of. I have a few. If you see me in a Canadian Tuxedo, a full on color blocked outfit or a flannel around my waist, in the words of Ashley Banks, “Mind ya business, that’s all! Just, mind ya business!”
2019 Spring/Summer Trends
Thankfully color blocking is making her way back on the scene along with many others. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Tie-Dye. You are bound to find a tie-dye shirt at your local thrift store or you can make it a fun “DIY Night” with friends.
- Black/White Checks. The marathon continues. Black/White Checks are hot this season. Tell me your outfit plans in the comment section.
- Neutrals. I love a good neutral. Especially, on my nails. Plus, the colors look amazing on brown skin.
- Color-blocking. Color-blocking makes some people nervous. It’s pretty simple when you get used to it. Start with 2 colors then work your way to 3. If you need help deciding what goes, go to the paint section and look at swatches.
- Biker shorts. If you’re feeling super trendy, pair them with a blazer or tux jacket. Feeling Cali-ish? An over-sized tee and hoops will do the job.
- Bermuda shorts. No, you’re not in 7th grade again! Just try it out. The sturdier version of biker shorts can be made with a pair of scissors and old jeans.
- Suits. Do you have a day full of meetings? Feeling presidential? Go for it.
This Summer, Forever 21 is sure to be your one-stop-shop for cookout attire. Check out their take on coming trends below. (Click the links in the descriptions above to purchase)
What trends do you have your eye on?
I’m thinking of stepping out of my box and going for neon nails next week.
Look out for pink plaids, paisley prints, fishnet patterns, yellow hues and so much more.
This going to be a fun summer.
As always, thank you for your love and support. Follow and leave your comments below!